God created taste buds for a reason...

He knew there would be cake to eat!

Jan 10, 2010

Baby Shower Ducky Bath Cake (boy)


I used the Wilton 3 dimensional duck cake pan and set it in an "old fashioned" bath tub. I used buttercream and piping gel dyed blue and swirled it for the water. I used fondant to make the large bubbles (buttercream for the smaller ones) the faucet and the eyes. I mixed pearl dust with butter flavor for painting on the bubbles and faucet to make them iridescent looking. The cake is a marble cake inside. It took 10 cups of batter and 8 cups of frosting. There is a dowel rod down the center to hold ducky in place. I am very happy with how this cake came out! I had lots of fun (as I always do)! It is for a co-workers daughters baby shower.

1 comment:

MaryP said...

Oh my gosh Blair, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Mary :-)